Langton Parents Association
Langton Parents’ Association welcomes all parents and carers to Simon Langton Boys’ Grammar School. Langton Parents Association is a registered charity (ref 810298) that exists to support the school by raising extra money to enhance students’ learning and development, and to provide opportunities for parents and carers to meet socially.
- Encourage good communication and relationships between parents/carers, school, and students
- Support the school in providing an excellent education to all students
- Assist the school in its fundraising activities
- Enhance the students’ experience during their time at the school.
We run and organise activities such as:
- Quiz & Curry Night – An evening of fun and quizzing. One of our longest running fund-raising events, a firm favourite.
- Race Night – A lively night of horse, pig and sheep races on the big screen.
- Christmas Raffle – Our newest venture that has turned out to be our biggest fundraiser.
- Providing refreshments at school concerts and at drama productions
- Providing refreshments at the school’s Sportsfest as part of the welcome to all new parents & students.
Recent school purchases made possible by the Parents’ Association fund-raising include:
- £5,000 – Laser cutter for the design department
- £960 – Additional VEX equipment
- £300 – Visiting theatre group
- £220 – Black history art projects
- £2,800 – Music room equipment
- Plus, many other projects…
Latest News from the PA
With the Covid-19 pandemic seemingly behind us we are finally getting back into full fundraising mode.
On Friday 30th September 2022 the Parents’ Association held their first social fundraising event since the beginning of the covid pandemic. The curry & quiz was a great success & raised an impressive £1958 for the school. We would like to say a huge thank you to everyone that came along to support the event and made it such a fun evening. Please check our website for upcoming events.
Over the years a number of people have generously given their time and energy to the Parents Association, but we are always keen to involve as many parents/carers as possible. Therefore, we would like to make best use of those skills and resources that we undoubtedly have in the parent/guardian community by asking you to join the Parents Association. We are a friendly bunch with children at different stages in their journey through the Langton. Becoming involved provides a rewarding insight into the achievements and opportunities enjoyed by the students. You are warmly invited to attend any of our meetings and events. Please contact us using the email address below.
To Find Out More
Secretary: Alex Burns
Treasurer: Celine Wardell
School Representative: Darren Watson (Deputy Headteacher)
Other ways of fundraising
ALL items of uniform should be named so that if it is lost, it can be easily returned to your son. There are many ways of doing this but you could consider buying a Stamptastic School Name Labels Deluxe Bundle which consists of one Personalised Name Stamp + One Stamptastic Ink Pad + One White Fabric Pen. Although not cheap some of our parents have been using this system for a few years, it saves you time, is quick and easy to use and stays on clothing even after numerous washes. Whatever you want to mark – uniform, shoes, trainers, drinks bottles, rulers, calculators, this stamp puts your son’s name on it.
The Parents’ Association has signed up to Stamptastic’s Loyalty scheme and for every Langton parent who uses this link (https://bit.ly/STAMPCT47AS) to purchase the School Name Labels Deluxe Bundle the PA will receive a percentage donation.
Give as you Live
Many Langton parents are already fundraising for the Parents’ Association every time they shop online. Give as you Live provides a small percentage payment to the Langton Parents’ Association for each online purchase – at no extra cost to the consumer. If you would like to help, then just visit Give as you Live and sign up for a free account.